The St. Joseph's/Candler Leukemia Cup Series invites you to join us for the Run for Jane 5K/10K Run/Walk; a run held alongside the Skidaway River in Isle of Hope. The run is named in honor of Dr. Jane Philbrick. On Sept. 29, 2009, she received a diagnosis of Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She started aggressive chemotherapy but died on Oct. 15, 2009. The Run for Jane 5K began in 2010 to honor her memory. Since its inception it has raised nearly $250,000 to benefit LLS and help cure blood cancers. The Leukemia Cup Run for Jane has been voted one of Competitor Magazine's Best Charity Runs. It is is held each year Labor Day Weekend. It begins at the Isle of Hope Pool and continues through the area and around the Bluff.
The Leukemia Cup Run for Jane is a 5K/10K/15K & 15K Relay run/walk, which is a part of the 2019 St. Joseph's/Candler Leukemia Cup Regatta Weekend of Events. The Leukemia Cup Series is a community coming together through a series of sporting events to help fight leukemia, lymphoma and other blood cancers, coordinated by the members of the Savannah Yacht Club. The St. Joseph's/Candler Leukemia Cup Series Includes: 5K/10K/15K & 15K Relay run/walk, golf, junior fishing, in-shore fishing, tennis, sailing, clay shoot, black-tie dinner and auction.
Go to leukemiacup.org/ga for more information or to register for one of our upcoming events.
Awards: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, for all age groups
Age Groups for each the 5K and 10K:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, for all age groups
- Age Groups for each the 5K/10K in each of the following age groups (9 and under, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+) for Men and Women
- For 15K, 1st place for same age groups in each gender.
- For 15K Relay: top 3 teams only no gender.
- Top Male and Top Female
- Top Male Masters and Top Female Masters (over 40)
- Register before packet pickup: $30
- Register at packet pickup or race day: $35
- Register before packet pickup: $40
- Register at packet pickup or race day: $45
- Register before packet pickup: $50
- Register at packet pickup or race day: $55
Race Proceeds: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Race Coordinator Name: Katie Rudder
Race Coordinator Email Address: Katie.Rudder@LLS.org
- Friday, August 30th @ Fleet Feet Savannah: 3405 Waters Ave.